The possibilities with granola are pratically endless. Yesterday was the first time in a very long time that I had made granola, so I threw in so much goodness, almost the kitchen sink went in ;)
I like a wide variety of flavors, my oldest son does as well. When he sampled the granola yesterday he ate out of what he liked the best and left me the remaining oats (stinker).
Granola is great in yogurt, with milk or just by the handful ; it doesn't last long in my house and I'm sure it won't in yours either.
On to the recipe
Kitchen Sink Granola
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 35-40 minutes at 300 degrees FahrenheitPrint: https://sites.google.com/view/confections-by-karen/home
4 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup roasted/salted sunflower seeds
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (I prefer Ghirardelli)
1-2 tbsp golden flaxseed
3/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, raisins)
1/4 cup cut dried apricots (optional)
2 tbsp vegetable oil + 1/2 tbsp for greasing parchment paper
1.5 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup local honey
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Lightly grease 2 parchment paper lined cookie pans with vegetable or coconut oil.
3. In a medium bowl; combine oats, chopped nuts, shredded coconut (if desired), chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, dried fruits, and flaxseed.
4. Measure out honey, maple syrup and oils, dump into oat mixture ingredients; using gloved hands or a spoon mix all together till coated evenly.
5. Spread oat mixture between two prepared cookie pans. *sprinkle with cinnamon before baking for some extra flavor*
6. Bake in a 300 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until light brown; stirring every 15 minutes or so.
7. Once granola is light brown, remove pans from oven and spread hot granola on a piece of foil or parchment paper to cool.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in freezer bags and in freezer for up to 2 months.
Enjoy!!!So much amazing goodness on this cookie pan.
If you would like to place an order for granola, prices start at $12/pound or any other item I offer - please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Confections by Karen does occasionally use affiliate links where a special tracking code is used and I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using an affiliate link helps me to maintain this website & support my family. Any questions, please email me at email@example.com