Weddings are the joining of two people for a lifetime of love. Let Confections by Karen be a part of your special day. I bake with love and everything is homemade.
When to Order
I take a limited number of events each week; please contact me as early as possible to secure your date.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- date of your event
- your email address and phone number
- number of guests
- reception location
- are you interested in a cake, cookies, cupcakes or decorated sugar cookies
- Buttercream Wedding cakes start at $5 per serving plus labor
- Cakes with fondant accents will be at an increased cost dependent on design and amount of fondant needed start at $7 per, I do not cover whole cakes with fondant).
- Sheet Cakes start at $4 per serving plus labor* increased cost for fondant*
- Single Tier Cakes to be placed on guests tables start at $80.00
*I do have a circle wooden display stand available for rent. There is a $100 deposit, with a $75 refund after the stand is returned in original conditions within 3 days of the event. The stand must be returned to my home in Blooming Prairie undamaged & clean.
Cupcakes start at $3.50 for standard decor and flavors, with a minimum order of 2 dozen cupcakes per flavor. Industry standard is 1.5 cupcakes per guest. Cupcake flavors can be seen here: /gourmet-cupcakes
You will need to provide cake stands or platters to display your cupcakes, cookies or bars. The stands must be arranged on the cake table prior to my arrival.
I offer a variety of drop cookies to complete your dessert bar.
- Cookies start at $20/dozen, with a minimum of 3 dozen per flavor ordered
Decorated Sugar Cookies
2-4 inch sized cookies are $5-8 per cookie. Please reference my decorated sugar cookie page for more details: /decorated-sugar-cookies
Decorated Sugar Cookies come individually heat sealed & labeled.
Cookies Bagged & Tied with Ribbon, are an additional $10/dozen.
Desserts by Other Vendors
I will not provide a wedding cake, cupcakes, or cookies when cake (including sheet cakes), cupcakes, or similar desserts are provided by any other baker. My reputation has been built on my delicious scratch made cakes, cookies, and cupcakes, and it would not be fair for your guests to think a cake, cupcakes, cookies or bars from another source were provided. Special exceptions allowed for items such as bars, cheesecake or pies.
It is suggested that you set up a no obligation cake testing with Confections by Karen prior to booking your wedding or special event. There will be a $50.00 fee for the cake tasting. If you choose to book with us, $25 will be deducted from your final invoice. At the cake tasting you will be able to try 1-3 different cakes/fillings/frostings. All my cake tastings are done in the form of gourmet cupcakes.
To Secure Your Date
A signed contract and 50% non-refundable, non-transferable retainer secures your date. The remaining balance must be paid in full 21 days prior to the event. Please plan your RSVP return date with this in mind. Payment in non-refundable and non-transferable. Forms of payment are cash, local checks, debit or credit via my website.Delivery & Set-Up
Delivery/set-up starts at $75, depending on location and amount of set-up. Cupcake orders with more than 200 cupcakes on display require extra set-up time.
How Much to Order:
- I base wedding cake servings on the traditional size of 1 inch x 2 inches x 4 inches tall.
- The amount of cake that you will need should be based upon your number of guests, time of day of the reception, and the amount of other food being served.
- Rather than saving the top tier of your cake for your 1 year anniversary, I will make you a 6 pack of gourmet cupcakes for your 1 year anniversary. Please contact me 2-3 weeks before your anniversary to reserve. If you plan to save the top tier of your cake for your first anniversary do not include it in planning the number of servings to be eaten; however, the number of servings from the top tier is calculated in the price.
- If you invite 300 guests to your wedding, 20-25% won't be able to make it. Use this as a guide to help determine how much cake you should order.
Wedding Cake Cancellation Policy
Wedding retainers are non-refundable & non-transferable (Retainer is deducted from the wedding balance only). In the event of a cancellation: Orders cancelled prior to the twenty-one (21) day lockout date can be refunded up to 50% of balance paid, however, the 50% nonrefundable retainer paid to secure your order will not be refunded. Orders cancelled after the twenty-one (21) day lockout date will not be refunded. If something occurs to affect your scheduled event date - please contact us to discuss options. Communication is key - if you are up-front about any problems that arise about your date, we will work hard to accommodate you. We understand things can come up that are out of your control.
I am a registered cottage food producer with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture, I've taken advanced food safety training with the University of Minnesota Extension and I am insured.
*A 5% credit card processing fee is added to all orders.